Thursday, December 20, 2007

A great night :)

Well I had two games again yesterday, boys JV and a big school girls varsity. The boys game went just fine and nothing really happen that was to memorable. Worked with a guy I like who is also a bit of a work horse.

Then came the varsity game. It was at a school I like working at because as one of my partners said, "you could really land a plane in here." It was that big. I was working with two guys whom I like and who have a decent amount of experience, but not to much as to be cocky. Two decent teams played and the score varied by about 10 the entire game. The coach of the home team is also a lead organizer for huge tournaments around here during the summer and one of them is assigned through the D-1 assignor's camp out here. I didn't hear a peep from either coach the entire night which was REALLY nice after the last two games.

Got observed again tonight which is to be expected with such a short season for me. The observer gave us a decent observation and said we looked good out there. He wanted us to work on the rubber band a bit and working to be more smooth on the rotations. Now my partner and I thought we did really good on this, but the other comment the observer gave me is to not over officiate. I have never really heard that before, but always open to your comments on what that means. When I asked him he told me maybe there was a couple fouls I could have passed on. Fair enough I thought.

Things I need to work on are still SLOWing down and being more aware of the fouls I have called.

Did good were communication and general call selection.

TONIGHT double header big school boys and girls varsity games. Hoping for two good games and I have a good feeling another observation tonight ;)

No comments: