Monday, December 24, 2007

Update from Thursday and Friday

Thursday I had a double header of boys and girls varsity. The girls came first and it was a close game the entire night. The skill level was not great to say the least, but I was happy with the overall call selection. Worked with two partners I enjoyed for both games, but one was a bit out of it for the first one. The girls game really was hard to focus on late in the game, but we kept up and didn't really have any problems. Just need to really keep my focus the entire game!!

As for the boys, the skill level was very high for the home team and the visitors just got pushed around by the score. Lost by 30 or so points, but still after a few years of boys ball I still am amazed at the skill level around here! We did a great job in this game and can only remember one tough call. A shot went up and I was trail and called goal tending. The ball was falling short and would have missed rim I bet, but I had the angel where I thought the ball was above the rim and coming down when it was blocked in the air.... Partners had a different view, but I think it was a good call.

Friday was a busy day. The school where I was at was having a basketball mania day. They had 12 games that day between their JR high and HS school teams. I had three 3 JR girls game during the day, then observed the JV game, then had my girls varsity. Packed house with a good band made it a great night. Played a tough team, but the home crowd really gave the boost and they won by decent amount. Fun game to work, but got physical. We stepped it up, but need to pick up the signal of it getting rough earlier!

Off for a few days, but Wed I have a girls varsity with two out of state teams and working with two TOP level partners, D-1 guy and gal.

No comments: