Sunday, December 30, 2007

What a week...

I had a few games this week, some big ones too which was nice to work.

Wednesday I had my first game in a few days at a girls varsity tournament. Worked with two D-1 officials, but the game was a blow out and nothing really came from this came expect I kept saying double dribble when I needed to say illegal dribble!!

Thursday I was back for the same tournament. Another crappy game, but was observed and found a few weak points I needed to work on. First is to not turn my back when administering free throws and to always just walk slightly backwards to keep everyone in view. The next point was to slow down my mechanics which I keep on working on. I also always say "my time" when we have a clock problem or injury. "Refs don't have timeouts" she said. Good point...

Friday was a long day that started with three 6th grade cash games, then a big school girls varsity, and that night was a big school boys varsity. All the games that day are kind of a blur, but was observed on the boys game that night and the observer put out a couple things for me. Work on my C in the boys game and don't get stuck behind players just because that is where one is "suppose" to be. Also I MUST count 10 seconds in the back court where here we don't do that for girls. Great varsity games and the TV station was at both of them and got to see myself on TV that night which is always fun :)


Saturday I had two boys varsity games. The first was a tournament 3rd-4th place game which was fun, but worked with a one guy who was all about letting them play and not calling anything... AHHHH had the get in get out mentality a bit for that one...

That night I had big game with a team from across the state. This team brings their fans with them and boy are they loud! We had some VERY big boys and had a quite a few charge calls and some VERY COOL dunks. Overall it was a fun game and boy I have not run that much since I ran cross country in high school haha. We were observed on this game and what it came down to was working on my double whistle communication and picking up the ball as C from the trail. I was doing it to early leaving a match-up at times he said. Good point in my mind.

I have a small school boys varsity Wed and then 3 varsity Friday and 2 varsity and a JV Saturday. So time to rest up before next weekend. Two more weeks till I head back to DC.

No comments: